Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need a FFL transfer for?

For you to transfer a serialized firearm (pistol/handgun, shotgun, revolver) from one FFL/company to another, you need to complete a FFL transfer. It is required by federal law if you're ordering a serialized firearm over the Internet and required by state law for purchasing a firearm in person from our in stock inventory.

What is a Form 4473?

Form 4473 is used by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE / or "the ATF") and a background check through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). There is an affidavit on the form about your mental history, criminal background, and other questions that are required to be completed.

A copy of a Form 4473 is located here on the BATFE website.

All the information on the form collected is for the purpose of the background check and you are completing the form under penalty of perjury which is a criminal offense where you can serve up to five years in federal prison. Also please note on the link above the ATF added language recently (question 21 e on the bottom of the first page) about states who have legal medical marijuana which also relates to a Form 4473 transfer.

Florida is a medical marijuana state.

Can I buy a full auto machine gun?

With the Gun Control Act of 1986, any machine gun manufactured before 1986 (a "pre-86" machine gun) and that was registered during the amnesty with the National Firearm Act (NFA) has the ability to be transferred to the average person if you pay the really high price for the pre-86 machine gun and also complete the transfer. You can own a fully automatic M-16, Sten, Sterling, AK-47, MAC-10 or MAC-11, Uzi, etc.

Unfortunately we do not handle NFA transfers.

Can I buy a suppressor?

Yes you can. Suppressors/silencers are legal and like with machine guns, are a NFA regulated item which we do not handle the transfers.